- Try not to touch them much, particularly during the first few hours.
- Keep them as dry as possible for at least 24-36 hours. ( use only lukewarm water, and keep water off your eyes).
- Try to stay out of the heat. This also includes avoiding steamy environments, very hot showers, spas, saunas, etc. for 24 hours as a minimum.
- After the 24-hour mark, they are technically waterproof, but they probably won’t last quite as long as if you didn’t.
- Make sure you are using oil-free products on your face, particularly eye makeup removers and cleansers.
- Clean them properly, at least a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser.
- Do not play with or pick at your lashes, rub your eyes roughly. If you are a picker, it can damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oily products on your eyes or face.
- Do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara or eyeliner (felt tip/pen-style liquid liner is usually fine, or we stock a range of suitable makeup items).
- Do not use any mascara if you can help it.
- Do not use baby wipes/makeup wipes/cotton pads to wipe makeup off them.
- Do not try to remove them yourself – as it may damage your natural lashes. We can remove them for you if you wish.
- Do not use cleansing oils, coconut oil, etc. on your face if you want the lashes to last.
- Do not put strip lashes on top of them unless you are prepared to lose a few of your lashes when you try to take them off.
- Do not try to light a cigarette on your toaster or stove top (good life advice generally – but it will also stop your lashes from getting singed and frazzled on the ends!).